All About 'Menz'





Recently we caught up with one of our Mollini Product Developers, Angela Menz over lunch at our usual Friday Japanese spot in Colingwood, Aka Siro
Draped in silver sequins, we chatted about trends, the range she is working on at the moment, her blog "On Track On Trend" and everything else in between. 

(Photo credit: Richard Shaw)

Here's our interview with her and an insight into the 
wonderful world of Mollini and Angela Menz!


What is your favourite trend at the moment?
I’m loving all the pony fur shoes we will see this season. I can’t wait to get a pair of leopard print flats.
(Check out the Hayds Ocelot flat here)

What's the process you go through for development?
First up our team goes through what our key looks and trends are for the next season. We always think of who the Mollini girl is and what she will be wearing.
Once we agree on our key looks and trends we start mapping everything out and planning the range. Then we pick out materials, leathers and colours and get our samples made.
We spend a lot of time making sure our shoes fit properly before they are put into production and sent out to stores.

Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
I love to look to the runway and see what is happening in fashion. I also like to see what people are wearing on the street and always keep my eyes open when I’m out and about.

What's your most favourite piece in your wardrobe?
I can’t pick one favourite item in my wardrobe- That would be like trying to pick a favourite child! If I have to name a couple of things that are pretty up there I’d say a pink Mongolian goat hair jacket from Vivienne Westwood and a pair of Marc Jacobs boots I’ve had for years.

What's your hobby outside of shoes?
When I’m not at work I’ll often be found at the races. I like making hats and clothes and getting dressed up for the races. I also have a  lifestyle blog called On Track On Trend about fashion, horse racing, beauty, travel and dining in Australia and Europe with a friend.

Advice for new and upcoming fashion bloggers?
I think it’s important to be truthful and be authentic in your blog. The best blogs are the ones where the writer is happy to give opinions and doesn’t just dress up for a photo.


If you have any questions for Angela post a comment below and she'll answer as many as she can! 
Stay tuned for our winter campaign, coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment